So you had the motivation to workout. Your heart rate increased, you wiped off sweat; you burned calories and you feel stronger but now what? Follow the steps below so you can feel good about your workout even after your workout:
1. Eat-According to many studies eating protein up to 3 hours after you workout will help with muscle fatigue and help your muscle fibers heal.
2. 10 Second Relaxation-Take 10-30 seconds to meditate, relax your whole body, close your eyes etc. This will relax your mind and allow your mind to become energized for the days events.
3. Plan: Plan when your next workout will be while you are feeling good. Your endorphins are allowing you to think about all the accomplishments of your next workout-take advantage of it.
4. CoolDown: You just finished an intense workout and you just want to be done,but take 5 minutes to cool down. Your heart needs it. You need to make sure your heart rate has decreased and your breathing is back to normal. This will help your body adjust back without the adverse effects of passing out.
5. Stretching: This can be done during your relaxation phase. Hold each stretch for a minimum of 15 seconds. Don’t push the stretch. Each body is unique!
6. Hydration: Make sure you drink a few 8 oz. of water after your workout. You may have lost as much at one 8 oz. glass of water during your workout.
7. While you are planning your next workout-remind yourself to go to bed at a certain time at night. A full nights sleep will help you avoid a low metabolism; excess calories and the feeling of fatigue the next day.
8. Assess your body. Does anything bother you? If so, use the proper cold/heat compresses. A great idea while taking a shower is to alternate the cold and hot water every few minutes. It will help your body feel better.
9. Congratulate yourself! Build Confidence!That will last all day!