We have all tried the 10 minutes to rock hard abs or drake a shake to widdle our middle. Let’s Get Real! It’s not the crunches you do in the gym or the planks you do in a Pilates class alone. You need to fuel your body correctly with the right food. More specifically, you need to also think about what foods cause bloating and/or inflammation. What foods are easy to digest as well.
I tell my clients that it is 80% diet and 20% exercise. When you do both of them correctly then BAM! You look and more importantly feel better. The list below is some abdominal exercises and types of foods that work for me. It’s worth a try!
- FOOD: combine your protein with your fiber especially your veggies and fruit
- Apples mixed with chicken and Greek yogurt (fiber)
- Salad with spinach and kale mixed (Fiber)
- Bananas (needed vitamins and mineral for exercise enthusiasts)
- Chicken with brown rice and beans
- Chicken with a broccoli salad
EXERCISES: your abs contain so many muscle groups. constant variety is necessary
- Standing kickboxing moves
- Roll like a ball
- High crunches and low crunches
- Standing Twist
- Bicycle (lying and seated)