My Fitness Success Quiz:
1. Should I be able to talk during cardiovascular training?
2. Should I increase weight if I can complete 15 repetitions of a strength training exercise?
3. Do I know the difference between my maximum heart rate and my target heart rate?
4. Do I breathe out during the concentric (hard part) of the exercise or do I breath in?
5. Can I name some compounding exercises and use them in my exercise routine?
6. Can I explain the difference of an anaerobic phase and aerobic phase?
7. Is a muscle stronger just because I stretch it?
8. When is the best time to do stretches?
9. Which should I do first-cardio or strength and why?
10. What is the average amount of time a person should wait until they change their routine?
If you feel confident with most of the above questions then you are an intelligent and motivated fitness buff who can achieve any of your fitness goals. You have the knowledge to keep yourself safe and confident during your fitness journey.
If you scored lower than expected then you need to go back to the basics before you create or execute your fitness routine. Educate yourself so you can have a long fitness journey.